- Shelley Spurr RN, MBA, PhD University Of Saskatchewan College of Nursing
- Project: Caring For Kids Where They Live: Using Technology to Prevent Vision Loss in Northern Aboriginal Youth (2015-16)
Abstract: Little is known about rates of visual health problems among Northern Aboriginal youth living with type 2 diabetes. This study involves the screening and early detection of type 2 diabetes and eye disease in adolescents living in Northern Saskatchewan, and will investigate the possibility of using a robot as a novel approach for earlier, accessible, and convenient eye exams.
- Dr. Jonathan Micieli, University of Toronto
- 2013 Junior Investigator, Clinical Retina Research Grant ($5000)
- Project: Trends in Retina Subspecialization in Canada
Abstract: This project showed the retina subspecialty is a growing area of the ophthalmology workforce located mainly in urban centres. Late career retina specialists comprise a growing proportion of the retina subspecialty, but maintain a high output. Our project also demonstrated the differences in output and procedure performance between medical and surgical retina specialists.