We rarely think about our vision. It is only when we suffer loss that we appreciate the vitally important sense of sight.
Unfortunately, age, disease and accidents can lead to severe retinal problems.
Did you know:
- Diabetic Retinopathy is the leading cause of blindness in people between 25 and 75 years of age?
- Macular Degeneration places people over 50 at risk for loss of vision?
- Retinal Detachment can lead to sudden blindness?
With more research and training, retinal disease can be beaten.
We need your help
Some retinal diseases are easy to treat. Others can be difficult to assess and may require urgent attention.
The Retina Foundation of Canada aims to provide you with information, resources and links to help you or a loved one enjoy vision for life.
Learn More About
- the retina
- retina diagnostic techniques
- imaging techniques
- lasers and surgery
- age related macular degeneration
- diabetic retinopathy
- posterior vitreous detachment
- retinal tear
- retinal detachment
- central serous retinopathy
- macular hole
- epiretinal membrane
- central retinal vein occlusions
- lattice degeneration
- retinitis pigmentosa